There are over 420 million people in the world with diabetes and Glooko helps them, as well as their physicians and care team, manage the disease more easily and cost effectively. Glooko is the Unified Platform for Diabetes Management and provides an FDA cleared, HIPAA compliant Web and Mobile (iOS and Android) application for people with diabetes and the clinicians who treat them. The platform seamlessly unifies data from over 80 of the leading blood glucose meters, insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors, activity trackers, and biometric devices to deliver insights that improve personal and clinical decision support.
Glooko’s mobile app and web dashboard enable patients to easily track and proactively manage all aspects of their diabetes care. Glooko’s Population Tracker and APIs offer diabetes-centric analytics and supply insightful reports, graphs and pattern-triggered notifications to patients, health systems, and payers. The Glooko platform also allows customers and third-party developers to create branded modules for Glooko users.
Launched in 2010, Glooko is funded and managed by visionary technologists and leaders in healthcare.
This is the job for you, if you…
- Have a deep understanding of distributed system security: authentication and access control in distributed systems.
- Have a deep understanding of the security challenges in large scale distributed systems where system failures and compromises happen continuously.
- Have intimate experience with designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable services.
- Have a deep understanding of async programing models.
- Communicate effectively with the team and clients on stages and project completion goals or dates.
- Have comfort with technical concepts in order to better manage trade-offs and project scoping.
- Have exceptional analytical and quantitative modeling skills with a focus on data-driven decision making.
- Have the ability to operate in an entrepreneurial environment, to thrive at an extremely fast pace and to find creative ways to get things done.
- Have experience and knowledge of Scrum and Agile tools. JIRA and Atlassian tools experience is a plus.
- Have the ability to put in place internal control mechanisms to ensure ongoing compliance.
This is what you’ll do…
- Design, develop, document and implement end to end security apparatus for Glooko's Diabetes Data Management platform.
- Take the ownership for the security platform and ongoing monitoring and maintenance.
- Drive the threat detection and remediation plans and drive them to conclusion.
- Drive end to end certification effort for the security compliance for HITRUST, SOC2, ISO, GDPR.
- Work with Glooko partners (employers, health plans, provider groups, and digital health/wellness companies) to architect integrated technology solutions that create secure user experiences.
- Work with partner teams to test, operate, and refine solutions as appropriate over time.
- Design solutions and write code that is scalable, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested.
- Collaborate with members of the design team – both technical as well as business owners - to identify requirements and design new products or extensions to existing products.
- Provide technical oversight to the development process including code reviews and mentoring of the technical team.
- Must be able to deliver solutions end-to-end with a focus on hitting delivery milestones. Experience in an agile development environment and understanding of agile/lean delivery methods is required.
- Driving/managing certifications for HITRUST, SOC2, ISO, GDPR.
What we’re really looking for…
- Computer Science, Math, or Engineering degree.
- 8+ years product architecture, consulting and/or software development experience.
- Deep domain expertise in Web Security, TLS/SSL, Cryptography, Network Security, Systems Security or Malware Analysis.
- Knowledge of penetration testing, OWASP, CWE, vulnerability scanning, static source code analysis tools and techniques..
- Experience with security and privacy regulations such as HIPAA, ISO, SOC2, GDPR.
In case you’re wondering, Glooko offers…
- Catered lunches.
- 401(k) matching program.
- A fully loaded kitchen with healthy snacks and beverages.
- Annual reimbursement on wellness expenses (gym memberships, running shoes, yoga classes, etc.)