FanDuel is the pioneer of online daily fantasy sports, one of the fastest growing sectors of the sports and entertainment industry. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve been disrupting the fantasy sports industry and changing the way millions of people experience sports.
The FanDuel platform handles tens of thousands of requests a second across hundreds of services; it’s absolutely critical to the company’s success that this platform remains available and rapidly scalable and the DevOps team have a leading role in making that happen. Our growing team features a diverse range of skills, from generalist to specialist, but one thing our team does have in common is a deep understanding of how our system works and hangs together.
We’re looking for passionate technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others.
What you’ll do
- Push changes to production within the first week.
- Build, deploy and maintain the architecture that’s critical to FanDuel’s success.
- Learn from others, and be a coach and mentor to other engineers, irrespective of experience.
- Guide continuous deployment as an active member of the development team.
- Write software that enables our engineering team to push changes to development, performance testing, and production environments dozens of times a day.
- Explore a multitude of technology to solve complex problems.
- Work in collaboration with development work-streams to provide operational consultancy on behalf of the infrastructure team.
- Reflect our values in day-to-day working.
Characteristics of successful candidates
- Flexible in learning and working with new technologies.
- Enjoy solving challenging problems with highly trafficked architecture.
- Linux systems administration, including python or ruby scripting experience.
- Configuration management experience, preferably puppet or chef.
- Technical experience in managing a highly available and highly scalable cloud environment, preferably AWS.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong desire to automate.
Bonus points for
- CI / CD expertise.
- Technical experience in managing a highly available cloud environment, preferably AWS
- Experience with distributed systems
- Hands on knowledge of container orchestration
- Experience of building scalable, concurrent, high-availability systems
What you get in return
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Build innovative products used by a highly passionate user base
- 10% time and regular hack days.
- Learning and development opportunities, including conference attendance
- Flexible holiday allowance
- Private medical coverage
- Stock options
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.