ExpertVoice (www.expertvoice.com) - We work with hundreds of the world’s most respected consumer brands – companies like The North Face, Marmot, 5.11 Tactical, Reebok and hundreds more; as well as retailers like Dillard’s and Cabela’s – to identify and engage influential everyday experts, and to build, track and reward their helpful expertise.
If you want to consider an adventure of a lifetime, then look no further. ExpertVoice is building THE social network for helping people decide what to buy. We are connecting category experts with brands and their products because we believe experts help people make better buying decisions. Our Engineering Teams are located in Salt Lake City and the Seattle area (This position will be based in Salt Lake City).
So let’s get down to the nitty-gritty. We don’t want to think about day one, but day 365 and beyond:
At ExpertVoice, the Software Engineer in Test is a valuable contributor to any project. You will work directly with your team to identify the automation needs of the new or modified application features. You will have a seat at the table in all meetings such as project planning, estimation, standups, and stakeholder show & tell.
This is a full-time position in our Salt Lake City, Utah office-Local candidates only.
- Identify and develop automated functional UI and API tests
- Contribute to the regression-testing framework
- Update regression suite as functionality changes or bugs are identified
- Build out new test frameworks for web, mobile, and API test coverage.
- Work with your feature team to validate new functionality meets requirements
- Execute Manual tests as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years experience in either software test automation or development of web-based applications, both frontend, and backend.
- Good knowledge of the different types of testing such as functional, regression, integration, performance and acceptance.
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver & Page Object Pattern
- Experience writing test plans, strategies, and test cases.
- Proficient in SQL and relational database concepts.
- Experience with Linux environments.
- 2 years of programming experience (preferably Java).
- Experience testing RESTful APIs.
- Experience with Java web applications and/or Hibernate, Spring, Spring MVC and/or Struts, JSP, Servlets, Web Services, JUnit, Maven.
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong attention to detail and proven ability to prioritize and scope work.
- Excellent logic, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to handle demands of a rapidly growing and changing workplace.
The benefits of being on the ExpertVoice team:
- Great Culture! Great people.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, 401K (with match), maternity/paternity benefits, flex spending, AD&D and life insurance.
- Open PTO.
- Company sponsored Humanitarian Trips.
- Autonomy and ownership in problem-solving as well as a highly collaborative work environment.
- A beautiful Salt Lake City downtown location near City Creek, Gallivan Center, Library Square, The Leonardo, Capital Theater, The Twilight Concert Series, and mountain foothills
- Accessibility to discounted yoga classes, bike and running trails, basketball, local gyms and an office locker and bike room.
- Discounts with some local ski resorts and downtown vendors.
- Parking or trax pass provided!
- And finally.......our clients frequently extend their incentive purchase programs to our employees.
ExpertVoice helps the world's largest community of influential category experts and retail sales professionals gain critical product expertise that translates into stronger sales, better shopping experiences, and satisfied customers. Through our services, you can identify and educate influential experts, foster first-hand product experience, and collect important retail insights on your brand and products. Learn more at https://www.expertvoice.com/business/.
ExpertVoice is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at ExpertVoice via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of ExpertVoice. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by ExpertVoice as a result of the referral or through other means.
ExpertVoice is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.