Director, Solution Architecture, Americas East
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are in search of an Inspirational, Player, Coach to Lead and Grow the Americas, East Region, Presales Solution Architecture team. You will drive recruiting, hiring and enabling a diverse team who will strive to overachieve on all growth targets. Also as a member of our broader Sales Leadership team you will assist in defining and executing the strategy for building an agile, high performance team. Key to your success will be your ability to foster and leverage the Elastic Community, embrace and drive Marketing Events and Programs and enable and equip our existing and new Channel and Technology Partners. With customers and prospects you will serve your team as an Executive Sponsor to build and reinforce a shared vision around the value of our offerings.
- Lead, mentor and grow the Americas East Region Presales Solution Architecture team.
- Participate in and oversee the team’s knowledge base with onboarding, training and self directed education programs.
- Drive the value proposition for our commercial offerings.
- Oversee the communication and alignment of key product insights between our Product and Engineering teams.
- Ensure alignment of our product roadmap with our customers needs.
- Serve as an Executive Sponsor on key strategic accounts.
- Assist the team in the formulation of Go To Market strategies and technology integrations with our products.
- Building bridges between the partner organization and marketing and leverage the relationships for the region.
- Formulate and drive the partner engagement strategy to overachieve regional goals.
- Proven success leading and growing a team of Presales Solution Architects.
- Evidence of the ability to articulate and sell the benefits of modern platforms and technologies. (Data Center Orchestration technologies, Big Data systems, Container systems, App and Web server technologies, SQL and NoSQL data platforms etc.).
- Knowledge of distributed systems and architectures.
- Own the room, while presenting and selling with audiences both large and small.
- Knowledge of Information Retrieval and/or Analytics.
- Servant Leader with a sincere interest in continuous growth in yourself and to the growth of those you serve.
- Travel: 30-50% within region, international travel expected.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Target Locations: New York, New York; Newark, New Jersey; Long Island, New York
“Once I started, I was blown away to realize, what was always so obvious, everything is search. Anything you are doing with data involves search, every app needs search, even analytics are about search. On a daily basis I am blown away with the types of things our users and customers are doing with search. It keeps me challenged and thinking about problems in different ways.” Director of Product, Elastic.
Why this role?
“The Presales Leadership team puts the needs of their team members above their own. Doing this constantly and consistently is a challenge and reward unto itself. We question the status quo, debate the best ways to accomplish our goals and hold ourselves and our teams to the highest standards of performance. We take pride in our ability to understand our customers needs and make recommendations that are based on extensive experience with a wide range of use cases from around the globe. We learn from our mistakes and loses and celebrate our successes with an eye towards constant improvement. Join this team if you are up for a compassionate, understanding and fair environment where you can really grow into the next phase of your leadership career.” VP WW Solution Architecture, Elastic
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.