At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 32 countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We're scaling our Sales Engineering team and looking for great people to be technical liaisons for our Sales team. You will be helping us knock down the technical barriers to adoption of the Elastic stack and presenting our technology to help solve customers critical business issues.
- Supporting the technical needs of customers and resolving technical issues, along with engaging them on any additional issues problems or opportunities regarding the Elastic product
- Develop a deep understanding of the Elastic product and technology and work closely with Engineering and Sales to resolve critical technical issues
- Engaging with the Elastic Sales team with sales prospects in preparing and presenting the Elastic product and technology while addressing any technical questions or concerns that come up during the sales cycle
- Traveling to clients and potential clients and serving as the key technical interface with customers
- Experience as a Software Engineer
- Understanding of Open Source Technology and knowledge/proficiency in at least one programming language
- Knowledge and understanding of distributed systems architectures
- Great presentation skills with the ability to speak in front of audiences both large and small
- Knowledge of Information Retrieval and/or Analytics domain
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time
- Understanding of Linux, Java, and databases
- Competitive pay and benefits
- 401(k) matching
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Target Location: Atlanta, GA
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.