Opening date: 14th May 2018
Closing date: 11th June 2018
Job Title: Front End Engineer
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As a front end engineer, you'll be involved in building new features from scratch in the product, optimising performance on the front end, fixing any issues or bugs and working alongside the product and design team to create an amazing user experience for our customers.
You have a strong CS background and a love for building web applications consisting of more than just HTML and CSS. You've actually built a few in your time. Our web app is primarily built using the latest web technologies like React, so expect to dive straight into those.
The team is growing quickly so you’ll also be able to get involved with onboarding and mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Ideally a minimum of 4 years experience in a Developer role.
- Experience working closely with a design team to develop high quality customer facing interfaces
- Experience resolving technical issues and bugs and communicating those to directly to internal and external stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of HTML and CSS
- You have experience with modern software development practices like reviewing code via pull requests, writing tests and following a continuous integration/deployment methodology.
- Experience onboarding and mentoring new members of the team.
- Ability to ship things fast. We move fast and deploy quite a few times every day
- Must have a university level degree in Computer Science
- Experience with ES6, React, Redux, Webpack
- An interest in data visualisation
- Open-source contributions
- Strong sense of good engineering and architecture