Technical Lead – Mobile Core Engineering
Engineering | San Francisco, California
Create never-been-done-before technological solutions to complex, global challenges that impact millions of people and businesses.
The DocuSign Mobile Team is looking for a highly motivated technical development lead to lead our mobile core engineering team. We already have the best e-signature app on the market and our users love it, but we know we can do better. Our team's charter is twofold: to support the complex, high-volume use cases of our existing enterprise customers while maintaining the world-class usability and approachability that consumers expect from the best of the App Store.
The successful candidate will have a strong product engineering background and proficiency in Java, C#, .NET, iOS and Android SDK. As an ideal candidate has experience driving and leading highly technical and motivated development and qa teams. As a member of the core mobile engineering group, you will work closely with product managers, developers, and devops engineers to ensure high quality and timely product releases. We’re an agile environment and our tech stack is best in class android and iOS development stack. You’ll be collaborating closely with our engineers and must be able to work efficiently across various teams. As such, you will be giving valuable insight to the team on how to develop a world-class mobile experience.
This position is a lead engineer role (hands-on development) and reports to a sr. director of engineering.
This position is an Individual Contributor and reports to the Director of Mobile Development.
- Lead passionate, agile development team to deliver engaging native user experiences
- Provide technical leadership to innovate, design, build mobile application that will scale and support for our platform serving more than 370,000 customers and 50 million people with over 50,000 new users joining every day in 188 countries using DocuSign
- Collaborate with our platform engineering teams to implement new features and to bring existing platform features into mobile for example own and maintain ‘DocuSign push notification sub-system’
- Lead development for world clad mobile SDK for iOS, Android, Windows platform
- Work closely with quality engineers to identify test cases and devise efficient, scalable testing processes.
- Write and maintain unit and functional tests for every feature
- Work cooperatively with product management and design to create features that satisfy user needs with simplicity, consistency, and robustness
- Identify, propose, and implement process improvements to continuously increase the team's productivity and efficiency
- Work with development teams from other top tech companies to build features together
- Maintain and evolve the software architecture for current and future needs
- Stay current with the latest development best practices and share your findings with the team
- Be an active part of the Android developer community by attending conferences and writing developer blog posts
- S. in Computer Science or similar field of study
- 10+ years of overall software product development and or Cloud/SaaS/Enterprise software engineering experience
- 5+ years’ experience building large scale enterprise J2EE applications or C# applications
- 3+ years writing native Android or iOS apps with a large-scale cloud/SaaS backend
- One or more apps available in the App Store or Play Store for a large-scale cloud/SaaS backend
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong attention to detail
- Passion to learn new software technologies
- Natural aptitude for both teaching and learning from others in a collaborative team environment
We like to think about complex, global challenges that cross cultures and legal jurisdictions and that impact millions of people and businesses. We hire people with a broad set of skills, and they are working on how to create never-been-done-before solutions that scale. We are creating revolutionary solutions that change the way people work, live and connect … and we see our work go live. We see its impact.
DocuSign® is changing how business gets done by empowering hundreds of thousands of companies and tens of millions of users in most countries around the world to sign, send and manage documents anytime, anywhere, on any device with confidence. DocuSign replaces printing, faxing, scanning and overnighting documents with the easiest, fastest, most trusted way to make every approval and decision digital. Organizations of all sizes and industries are accelerating contracts, approvals and workflows with DocuSign's Digital Transaction Management (DTM) platform and eSignature solution. DocuSign keeps life and business moving forward.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.