DNAnexus combines expertise in cloud computing and bioinformatics to create the global network for genomics, operating in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (including China), South America, and Africa. The secure, scalable, and collaborative cloud-based DNAnexus Platform helps thousands of researchers across a spectrum of industries – biopharmaceutical, bioagricultural, sequencing services, clinical diagnostics, government, and research consortia – accelerate their genomics programs globally.
DNAnexus provides a genomic sequencing PaaS hosted in the public cloud. By utilizing the latest cloud technologies and best practices, we are building scalable and flexible infrastructure on to which we are delivering our innovative solutions to the market.
Who We’re Looking For
- Are you passionate about Site Reliability Engineering and DevOps principles?
- Are you a ninja with cloud computing infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, or GCP?
- Do you enjoy creating automated solutions to eliminate friction and tedium in the software development process?
- Are you excited about expressing Infrastructure as Code?
- Do you enjoy turning complexity into clarity with metrics and data visualization?
- Want to scratch all your technical itches while also accelerating the pace of genomics and disease research?
Then come work with us!
- Managing a multi-provider cloud infrastructure across AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Experimenting with industry-standard technologies such as Kubernetes and Terraform to build out new parts of our infrastructure
- Building in "guard rails" such as rate limiting and query introspection to prevent expensive customer actions from driving the platform off a cliff
- Implementing Continuous Delivery principles to accelerate the development lifecycle in a microservices-oriented architecture
- Making a difference through Science and advancing the state of cures of diseases
- Working closely with the software development team and other parts of the company to provide a robust, flexible, and scalable platform that enables both product development and new service offerings
- Managing incident response protocol and provide hands-on quarterbacking during major service interruptions
- 8+ years Linux Server system administration experience in a large-scale, high-traffic, redundant, cloud-based PaaS/SaaS environment at a Public Cloud provider
- Implemented and/or maintained system automation technologies (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc)
- Knowledge of common TCP networking concepts such as routing, public/private networks, VPNs, NATs, load balancing, firewalls, etc. Candidate should be able to use Linux utilities to diagnose common network problems such as name service problems, connection timeouts, etc.
- Familiar with the challenges of maintaining the various layers of the web/application stack
- Knowledgeable of operational practices including DevOps and agile
- Familiar with modern web infrastructure technologies, virtualization, clustering, load-balancing and content delivery networks
- Experience with Open Source Web Servers (Apache, Nginx, etc.)
- Experience with system and application performance measurement and troubleshooting tools
- Know how to work closely with a team and collaborate effectively
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Have an insatiable appetite for technology
Desired skills and Experience
- Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration solutions such as Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or related field or applicable experience
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience in continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or Drone
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch, Redis, MongoDB, Node, etc
- Experience with monitoring tools and timeseries databases such as Prometheus, InfluxDB, or Graphite
Based in Mountain View, California, DNAnexus is experiencing rapid growth and is searching for the best talent to join our team. Key investors include Google Ventures, TPG Biotech, Wuxi NextCODE and Claremont Creek.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!