Are you passionate about delivering code that people actually use? Do you believe in developing creative and innovative products? At Cuyana, we need more than just programmers. Our developers are considered a critical part of the design team. We are looking for an engineer who loves developing a customer’s experience end to end. Our ideal candidate is someone who geeks out about web technologies, loves thinking about the full picture, and understands what effect their decisions will have on end users. If you are excited about inventing new technical solutions and growing a business, come join our team.
This role requires 3-5 years of Architect Level experience and is responsible for designing and delivering client-side software for the ecommerce experience at Cuyana.
- Integrate extensible and maintainable markup with an existing Magento backend
- Deliver markup based on design collaborations with an in-house design team
- Write layout configuration and database update scripts, as well as backend object oriented programming
- Partner with stakeholders to understand current interface challenges
- Identify and solve current deficiencies in Frontend - performance, architecture, experience, etc.
- Continually introduce the team to best-in-class Frontend technologies, and help build the roadmap to get us there
- Strong HTML, CSS (including extensions like SASS, LESS)
- Full understanding and experience developing within the Model/View/Controller framework paradigm
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix based operating system in a Vagrant development environment
- Move fast while maintaining a high level of quality and strong attention to detail
- Experience working in Agile teams and willing to help out colleagues no matter how small the task
- An independent thinker who makes technical decisions with the user and product’s best interests in mind
- Demonstrated passion about the job and Cuyana brand vision
- Previous startup and fashion experience is a plus