Who we are
At Criteo, we connect 1.2 billion active shoppers with the things they need and love. Our technology takes an algorithmic approach to determining what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. Our dataset is about 40 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 30 TB extra per day) and we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords. If scale and complexity excite you, join us.
What is it like to work in our R&D?
Criteo’s Product Engineering is responsible for building the client-facing products that make Criteo tick. Our engineers develop industry leading machine learning techniques working on feature extraction, model definition, prediction, recommendation and dynamic creatives.
More specifically, as a Software Engineer, you will be in charge of developing new applications on Advertiser Platforms, used by more than 18 000 Criteo customers.
- You will architect, design, and build our next-generation platforms and user-facing tools.
- You will create innovative features to optimize our customer experience.
- Get stuff done. A problem partially solved today is better than a perfect solution next year. Have an idea during the night? Code it in the morning, push it at noon, test it in the afternoon and deploy it the next morning.
- You will bring your expertise and knowledge in an agile and open-minded environment.
Minimum skills and qualifications
- MS or PHD in Computer Science or any related field.
- 3+ years of experience on problems involving huge amounts of data.
- It’s not really important what technology you’ve used before (Java, C++, C#, Scala, Python) – we’re looking for people who can adapt very quickly and with an open mind. Our engineers will choose and use the best tool for the job.
- You love algorithms, new technology, languages that nobody knows, work on personal projects, are curious.
- You are a problem solver, a fixer, and a creative technologist. We believe coding is a talent and a passion, not just a skill.
- You need to be a great team worker and a great communicator.
Our culture keeps evolving, and you will be expected to contribute actively with new ideas to complement and enhance the existing programs that include frictionless internal mobility, 10% time, mentoring, technical talks, hackathons, conferences, etc.
Do you want to know more about life in the R&D?
Youtube: R&D Criteo @ Europe
Our blog: http://www.criteolabs.com
At Criteo, we dare to be different. We believe that diversity fuels innovation and creates an energy that can be seen and felt all over Criteo. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all Criteos are heard, feel a sense of belonging, and are treated with respect and dignity.