Who we are
At Criteo, we connect 1.2 billion active shoppers with the things they need and love. Our technology takes an algorithmic approach to determining what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. Our dataset is about 40 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 30 TB extra per day) and we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request. This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords. If scale and complexity excite you, join us.
What is it like to work in our R&D?
Criteo’s Product Engineering is responsible for building the client-facing products that make Criteo tick. Our engineers develop industry leading machine learning techniques working on feature extraction, model definition, prediction, recommendation and dynamic creatives.
More specifically, you will work on building a world-class algorithmic software and its underlying data, that enables us to efficiently optimize displays for our clients.
- You will build large-scale pipelines and systems that make the best decision in a very short time, half a million times per second.
- You will work with engineering teams to develop long-term roadmaps and architectures to scale our machine learning algorithms.
- You will find the signal hidden in tens of TB of data per hour, and constantly keep getting better at it while measuring the impact on our business. You will be using over a thousand nodes on our Hadoop cluster for this.
- You will be involved in developing open source projects. Because we are working at the forefront of technology, we are dealing with problems that few have faced. As big users of open source, and we’d like to give back to the community.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
- You like working with problems involving huge amounts of data (Hadoop stack).
- You are proficient in, at least one programming language such as C#, Scala, Java, Python, C++. You can adapt very quickly, choose and use the best tool for the job.
- You love algorithms and new technology. You are also a great team worker and a great communicator in English, both written and spoken. You are strongly committed to quality designs, automated testing and documentation.
Our culture keeps evolving, and you will be expected to contribute actively with new ideas to complement and enhance the existing programs that include frictionless internal mobility, 10% time, mentoring, technical talks, hackathons, conferences, etc.
Are you up to the challenge?
Do you want to know more about life in the R&D?
Youtube: R&D Criteo @ Europe
Our blog: http://www.criteolabs.com
At Criteo, we dare to be different. We believe that diversity fuels innovation and creates an energy that can be seen and felt all over Criteo. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all Criteos are heard, feel a sense of belonging, and are treated with respect and dignity.