Course Hero is changing education by building a global community of students, the largest digital library of study materials, and innovative machine learning technology to support both learning and teaching.
The Machine Learning team at Course Hero is solving some of the most challenging problems in the education space around question identification, question generation and personalized learning. We believe that we are just getting started on solving the most basic problems that users of Course Hero are facing today and in order to keep shipping more products and be innovative we need to build tools and infrastructure that supports iterative development and experimentation. We are looking for a senior software engineer who is passionate about education and wants to work on some really fun projects around data collection/extraction, building annotation tools, model and data management solutions by collaborating with product managers, other software engineers, and machine learning engineers.
You’ll be a part of the engineering team at Course hero and will ship products that are used by millions of users. We are a data driven company and we are looking to help millions of students learn more effectively by leveraging machine learning and AI. As a senior engineer, you’ll be expected to take the lead on multiple projects and be involved in every step of the process. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll build tools and solutions that enable us to move faster with Machine Learning projects.
- You’ll help build scalable platforms for training and evaluating machine learning models.
- You’ll help build prototypes/web apps to rapidly experiment on various versions of ML algorithms.
- You’ll help the team understand data collection needs and build automated solutions to collect, extract and manage data.
- You’ll collaborate with the other machine learning engineers, analytics and other product teams to understand business needs, find the right solution to a problem and ship products.
- You’ll help engineers from other teams to understand and learn machine learning by building the foundational framework and tools necessary to build ML algorithms.
Are you our Star Senior Software Engineer - Tools, Machine Learning?
- You have at least 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer, preferably on a Machine Learning focussed product.
- You have solid programming skills and are proficient in python, java, scala or an equivalent language.
- You have built tools that ML engineers use for model management, versioning and data collection.
- You have experience working with distributed data processing systems like Spark/Hadoop.
- You have a strong understanding of relational databases.
- You have a strong technical background coding web applications at scale.
- You are passionate about data science and machine learning and are constantly learning as the field evolves.
- You are extremely passionate about education.
- You have had exposure to a variety of machine learning algorithms (both supervised and unsupervised).
- You have some experience with search technologies like Solr, Elastic Search etc.
- You have an advanced (Masters or above) degree in a quantitative field like Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering or Math.
- You have experience building recommendation systems.
What We Offer You:
- Industry competitive salary and stock options
- Full coverage (medical, dental, vision, and life)
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future
- Educational assistance program to support lifelong learning
- Free weekly catered lunches, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space
Course Hero is a fast-growing education technology company, building the world’s largest platform of crowd-sourced learning materials and making education more accessible. Technology is revolutionizing the way we learn, and we’re committed to helping our users share and access the great academic content that they need to master their classes. This includes anything from study guides, test prep, practice problems, on-demand tutors, homework help, flashcards, videos, and more.
Our company culture is very open, flat, and collaborative. In addition to hiring the best talent, we believe that a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. On our team, we’re problem solvers, we think like owners, and we embrace a growth mindset in our efforts to continually better our product. We’re growing fast, we’re profitable, and we’re looking for new team members to help us plot our course towards future success!