As an iOS engineer, you will work on critical projects for Course Hero. You will develop features primarily in Objective-C and Swift, with the opportunity to contribute to server-side projects. You will face challenging problems where you will help define and implement solutions.
Each engineer has a role in building Course Hero's architecture and will have the opportunity to touch all parts of the stack. While our projects are big, with users are around the world, our team is small, so you’ll see projects from start to finish and work closely with product managers and designers to ensure successful results.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll architect and implement key features for our mobile iOS application.
- You’ll establish best practices for mobile software development.
- You’ll work with our engineering, product and design teams to build new features, tools, and functionality.
- You’ll pitch in on critical projects in our web stack when necessary, which includes Symfony, PHP, React, and MySQL.
- You have 3+ years of professional iOS experience.
- You have academic, project, or work experience with Swift and Objective-C.
- You have a degree in Computer Science or STEM field.
- You have a solid understanding of Core Data and it’s best practices.
- You have experience working with popular libraries such as ReactiveSwift, Moya, and Masonry.
- You have an understanding of Apple's guidelines and App Store optimization.
- You have some experience with modern web development languages and MVC frameworks like PHP, Ruby, Python or Node.js.
- You have experience designing and using REST APIs.
- You have experience or familiarity with continuous integration or TDD.
What We Offer You:
- Industry competitive salary and stock options
- Full coverage (medical, dental, vision, and life)
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future
- Educational assistance program to support lifelong learning
- Free weekly catered lunches, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Regularly planned team outings and company events
- Commuter benefits, cell-phone allowance, and a free gym membership
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space
Course Hero is an online learning library where you can access over 20 million course-specific study resources contributed by a community of students and educators. You’ll find practice problems, study guides, videos, class notes, and step-by-step explanations for every subject you’re studying — from economics to literature, biology to history, accounting to psychology, and everything in between. We help you quickly find what you need so you can learn deeply.
Our company culture is very open, flat, and collaborative. In addition to hiring the best talent, we believe that a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. On our team, we’re problem solvers, we think like owners, and we embrace a growth mindset in our efforts to continually better our product. We’re growing fast, we’re profitable, and we’re looking for new team members to help us plot our course towards future success!