Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes. Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
About the role:
We are looking for a customer-obsessed candidate to join our team in Seattle and build the computer vision systems and other AI technology that makes Global work. You will be part of a team that is working to grow an exciting and emerging part of Coupang. The environment is fast-paced and agile, and you will work with new technologies to help us build a better service for our customers. You should enjoy and be adept at leveraging technology solutions to drive innovation for a fast-changing global e-commerce business.
Our new grads work alongside a group of experienced research scientists and software development engineers to research state of the art computer vision algorithms, and develop production-level software. You will contribute to the development and growth of things like object localization, visual feature extraction, visual search engine, deep learning platform to name just a few. The group of scientists and engineers will both help and challenge you in creating something that is directly applicable to the growth of Coupang. As part of a team that is still developing its procedures here in the U.S., your ability to have direct impact on the company will be much greater than at any other large company. Join us!
What we’re looking for:
- PhD or Masters degree preferably in CS or equivalent
- Familiar with deep learning technology, proficient in caffe/tensorflow/etc.
- Familiar with image processing technology, proficient in OpenCV or other image processing libraries
- Hard Worker, Dedicated, Self Motivated
- Team collaboration and Strong Communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Ownership and urgency across all responsible projects
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team to turn ideas into working solution
Bonus points for:
- Previous work experience
- Experience with SQL and relational database systems
- Experience with Spark/Hadoop or other big data processing platforms
- Experience in an e-commerce or technology-driven retail environment
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Experience in a dynamic startup or startup-like environment. Perks as an FTE:
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 15 days PTO + 15 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours