ConsenSys is a venture production studio and the leading technology firm in blockchain globally. We deliver products, solutions and platforms built using blockchain technology to transform how business is done in complex network of buyers, suppliers and consumers.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, the music industry, security, and infrastructure, and more. To accomplish this we've built out a flat organizational structure which we call the ConsenSys Mesh: a network of individuals & teams working autonomously and towards the same goal. Our mission is to use these decentralized solutions to fundamentally reshape the economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
ConsenSys Engineering is a rapidly growing, technology focused culture with over 200 developers building nearly 50 blockchain based projects in a globally distributed manner. These projects develop, operate, and maintain next generation code bases for emergent Web 3.0 technologies with a strong emphasis on the Ethereum blockchain and its ecosystem. ConsenSys’ focus on innovation means that we’re creating lots of apps, spinning up tons of VMs, and growing our cloud footprint by the day. The successful candidate will be responsible for analysis, implementation, troubleshooting, and operations administration of all things Azure, AWS, Digital Ocean, and more in support of the ConsenSys mesh and its developers.
About the role:
The successful candidate will perform high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance and support predominantly in a Microsoft Azure cloud deployment environment.
From a “higher level” perspective subscription management, onboarding, coordination, billing management and education of fellow technologists will be necessary. As is the ability to work directly with architects and developers to debug problems and solutions. Vendor relationship and negotiating skills will be used, often. Candidate must be proficient at communicating orally and in writing to the internal team and external customers. Developing, implementing and promoting standard operating procedures and schedules will help scale the entire engineering team.
Going deeper, technical chops will also be necessary – the following list is hardly exhaustive. Providing support to teams for monitoring and tuning systems to achieve optimum performance levels. Experience in scripting (Bash, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell, Python) and building required automation (using standard technologies such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef) and tools. Ensuring data recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Ensuring system data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities. Conducting hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. This is a broad-discipline system administration role with requirements to manage significant technical diversity in a large cloud deployment enterprise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related IT (or an additional 3 years of experience in lieu of degree).
- Certified Azure Solution developer (70-532) [bonus +]
- Certified Azure Infrastructure solutions (70-533) [bonus ++]
- Certified Azure solution architect (70-534) [bonus +++]
- 5+ years of Systems Administration experience
- 3+ years of significant experience working in cloud deployment environments
- 1+ years of experience using two or more of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure cloud deployments
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux or other major Linux distribution
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Drupal, Wordpress, or other content management system
- Containers (Docker, RKT ...etc)
- Container orchestration (Kubernetes, swarm, DC/OS .. etc)
- Configuration Management (Ansible, Chef, Puppet … etc)
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Akamai Streaming MobileRider Platform and CMS, Net Storage, Bandwidth Commitment, Media Analytics
- Must have broad systems experience and be able to work in a diverse technical enterprise
- Professional certification in a mainstream cloud service provider area (Azure, AWS, etc)
- Professional certification in a mainstream operating system area (Linux, Microsoft, etc)
- Experience developing and integrating monitoring and alerting systems and dashboards
- Previous experience working on Ethereum or other blockchain technologies
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society.
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization.
- Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is about 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much work to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale.
Click here for the latest updates from ConsenSys.