uPort Front End Developer
About the Company:
ConsenSys is a venture production studio focused on building and scaling tools and enterprise software products—like uPort—powered by Ethereum. Our mission is to use these solutions to power the emerging economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
uPort is building the future of digital identity, putting the user in control of Web 3.0 with a global, unified self-sovereign identity platform created on top of the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem. This system will let consumers and businesses transact with privacy and security, build more valuable and trusting relationships, and coordinate in more powerful ways.
Our platform and mobile apps enable users to control their own identity and accounts, secure their keys, manage and permission their personal data, and legally sign transactions. uPort provides single-sign-on and enables persistent and powerful user experiences in a decentralized digital world, where each user has ownership of the data they create and is empowered to use that personal data in new and exciting ways. Learn more here.
About the Role:
uPort is looking to hire a Front End Developer (React/Redux) to join our growing team.
You will work closely with other engineers to create and deploy key features, most often on the client side. As an early engineer, you’ll directly influence our entire tech stack, from standards to frameworks to architecture. This is a great opportunity to innovate from the ground up.
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to develop and deploy features
- Design, build , and maintain our APIs
- Write efficient, modular, and reusable libraries and abstractions
- Design and build internal tooling to improve development efficiency
- Find and address performance issues
- Participate in code reviews
- Communicate best practices to the team
What we're looking for:
- Experience working with React/Redux
- Experience in design with grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Ability to use design patterns to create simple and reusable components for complex UIs
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Awareness of web frontend security issues and fixes for them
- Experienced with software engineering best practices – design patterns, code reviews, continuous integration, unit and integration testing
- Solid CS fundamentals – including data structures and algorithms
- Experience working in an Agile development team
Technical Bonus Skills:
- An interest and knowledge of blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies
- Development experience in Cloud/Virtual environments, such as Azure or AWS
- Experience with Redux-Saga
- Experience with React Native
- Excited about the prospects of decentralized technologies.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with constantly evolving, decentralized, diverse teams to get things done
- Self-sufficient, self-starter and a fast learner
- Foster a culture that encourages new ideas
- Find new technologies and processes that make engineering better and life easier
- Always seek to improve product quality and monitor stability
- Ability to collaborate with a team distributed widely across different time zones
Posted by employer