ConsenSys is a venture production studio focused on building and scaling tools and enterprise software products powered by Ethereum. Our mission is to use these solutions to power the emerging economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security and infrastructure, and more. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
The Balanc3 team is building and developing financial reporting products built on top of the ethereum blockchain and is responsible for driving blockchain initiatives in the accounting industry.
About the Role:
The database administrator is responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database. They will also be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the user
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security;
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users;
- Mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database;
- Considering both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users;
- Refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model;
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements;
- Installing and testing new versions of the DBMS;
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act;
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata);
- Controlling access permissions and privileges;
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans;
- Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly;
- Capacity planning;
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customizing existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Database experience: MongoDB, Redis, Postgres
- Programing Languages: Node, GoLang, Rust
- Proven working experience as a Database administrator
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- Fintech experience is a strong plus
- Blockchain / Ethereum experience a strong plus
Posted by employer