Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 7 countries and speak over 30 languages.
Our purpose at Cloudreach is to “enable innovation.” We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt and harness the power of cloud computing. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fuelled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft and Google and help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. It’s not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.
As a Versatile Software Engineer you will be a key member of the Cloudamize team and will help drive the development of production applications and tools for Cloudreach customers, including but not limited to the modernization of existing applications. The engineer will be working in accordance with Cloudreach development methodologies and leveraging industry best practices, tools, and infrastructure to deliver high quality end products.
What does the Cloudamize team do?
Cloudamize provides a cloud computing analytics platform that accelerates cloud migration and maximizes cloud ROI. Using the Cloudamize platform, customers can calculate and compare TCO across AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform; automatically discover all applications and their dependencies; determine which applications to migrate and when; identify their optimal cloud instances and storage options; design a phased migration plan; and gain clear visibility into cloud costs for better control. Armed with high precision analytics and powerful automation, customers can make accurate cloud decisions faster, easier, and with more confidence, so they can speed and simplify cloud planning, migration, and management and ultimately realize the full potential of the cloud.
Cloudamize is part of the Cloudreach Software Business Unit and is proudly located in Philadelphia.
How will you spend your days?
- Creating well designed, documented, and tested software features that meets customer product requirements.
- Review business requirements identified by the engagement manager and communicated via the customer product backlog and participate in the clarification of features and estimates within the Scrum process. Ensure deviations from requirements are clearly documented and agreed with the project manager prior to completion.
- Take responsibility for the technical quality of the features delivered across the team, including documentation, testing strategies, and code.
- Identify and address product bugs, deficiencies, and performance bottlenecks.
- Remain up-to-date on emerging technologies and architecture and propose ways to use them in current and upcoming projects.
- Leverage technical knowledge to cut scope while maintaining or achieving the overall goals of the product.
- Leverage technical knowledge to improve the quality and efficiency of product applications and tools.
- Mentor other team members to improve software development and delivery skills. Wherever possible, also mentor other Cloudreach staff in their career transitions towards software development.
How to stand out?
- Database (postgresql, mysql, etc.)
- Good understanding of networking
- Experience using existing libraries, frameworks, and RESTful APIs to create complex applications.
- Experience using code management and revision services such as Github and Bitbucket
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Ability to drive a feature or bug fix from discovery through to a stable deployment to production.
- Strong communication skills for documenting workflows, tools, or complex areas of a codebase.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and multi-task efficiently.
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Participates in the development community (speaker at events, meetup organizer, blogging, or contributor to open-source software projects).
What are our cloudy perks?
- A MacBook Pro and smartphone
- Unique ‘cloudy’ culture -- we work hard and play hard
- Uncapped holidays and your birthday off
- World-class training and career development opportunities through our own Cloudy University
- Centrally-located offices
- Working with a collaborative, social team, and growing your skills faster than you will anywhere else
- Quarterly kick-off events with the potential to travel abroad
- Full benefits and 401k match