Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for a Senior Data Scientist/Statistician to join our algorithmic traffic acquisition team. We are looking for entrepreneurial Data Scientists who can help continue to capture and retain unique visitors to our site from online search and social media platforms. Our goal is to extract insights from voluminous amounts of data and set the strategic course for online bidding.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and analyze controlled experiments and quasi-experiments relating to our online bidding system
- Measure the impact of television and radio advertising on online advertising
- Design and implement predictive models
- Communicate your analysis to both a technical and a lay audience. E.g., what is it, how does it solve the problem, why is it reasonable, what could go wrong
Who You Are:
- Advanced academic degree in:
- Computer Science
- Any quantitative field which makes use of advanced statistical techniques and analyses.
- Practical Experience in Python or R for extensive data analyses
- Experience working with datasets, and strong interest in deep data analysis – with a desire to investigate large amounts of Data and generate insights
- Experience in the statistical design and analysis of controlled experiments and quasi-experiments
- Experience conducting statistical analysis with multivariate regression, ridge regression, lasso regression, quantile regression, logistic regression, and GLMs
- Experience analyzing and forecasting time-series data
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.