Box is a lot more than just file storage, syncing and sharing. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. Our product offers many features to companies that enable them to trust Box with their most sensitive content and make them productive within and outside their organization. This is where Box thrives and what differentiates us from competition. We are changing the way people work at a global scale.
Why the Security team needs you
This team is building a product that empowers our customers to trust Box with their most sensitive data by – a) protecting content through its lifecycle, b) enabling users to work securely without friction, and c) delivering world-class security services that provide access to Box’s security experts.
We do this by solving the following problems:
- Monitor external and insider threats
- Detect ransomware and automate response
- Get visibility into shared links
- Review security alerts in Admin Console
- Get 24x7 value-added security services
Why Box needs you
We are looking for engineers with a passion for building out user-facing security and enterprise features that are able to handle complex use-cases in a robust and easy-to-use way. We are specifically focusing on building the best user experience to help customers stay secure, detect anomalous behavior and present it in a way that's easy to consume. As an engineer in the Security team, you will join a small, diverse, fast-paced, full-stack team that works together to build new, easy-to-use capabilities that help Box’s customers protect their Box content. Security being a horizontal product, you will work across teams to design and implement capabilities that power mission-critical use-cases in a future-proof way.
While Security-related front-end tasks are what you'll be working on immediately, you will be able to expand your scope to wider enterprise and end-user areas.
Why you need Box
You are going to have the unique opportunity to influence and build the next generation of Box Security products. In addition to influencing the technical vision for the team, you will also influence the product and design vision. You will build out completely new capabilities into our Box offering. At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value team members who are lifelong learners, passionate about continuous improvement for themselves and for the team around them. You'll join a highly collaborative scrum team that is very passionate about the security mission. You'll have an opportunity to drive impactful feature development from the beginning to the end. And the work you'll do will directly impact the experience of our 40 million+ users.
What you'll be responsible for
- You'll drive architectural, product and technological decisions for end-user and admin facing features
- You'll influence our team's processes and execution methods
- You'll coach and mentor other engineers and teams
- You'll develop high-quality code
- You'll collaborate with other senior members of our staff to define our technical strategy for Box application
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- You understand much of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching)
- You have an academic background in computer science or a related field
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You have some experience with React
- Server-side experience building orchestration endpoints
- You contribute to developer communities like StackOverflow and GitHub
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
Find out about our engineering team
- Tech blog: http://tech.blog.box.com/
- Open source projects: http://opensource.box.com/
- Developer Platform: https://developers.box.com/
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps businesses of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.