Birchbox is seeking an experienced and driven candidate to lead its IT team. As part of Technical Operations, the IT team keeps all of Birchbox productive by making sure the tech upon which our office, retail and remote users depend on is running smoothly, reliably securely and effectively every day. In short, we make and maintain the technical tools that allow all other teams to do their best work.
The candidate for this position will have a broad range of experience in office and collaborative technology to keep the day-to-day running smoothly, a drive to identify, plan for and react to longer-term trends, the willingness to lead a team of other technologists who maintain a high standard of quality in service delivery and user happiness, and strong interpersonal skills.
The IT Lead will be responsible for:
- Managing the IT group, a small but mighty team, providing leadership and guidance to make sure everyone on the team is working effectively
- Effectively communicating with users, covering everything from writing and editing documentation and policies to announcing planned work and communicating unplanned outages, in a clear and cohesive manner, across an audience with a wide variety of tech savvy
- Ensuring the day-to-day technology needs of the Birchbox office and retail location are met, through ticket management and SLAs, task delegation and hands-on work
- Developing and implementing User Support and Information Security policies to secure and protect Birchbox technology
- Balancing the immediate needs of users with longer-term planning and project execution
- Maintaining hardware inventory, managing user accounts across a variety of services, provisioning and diagnosing network connectivity, hardware, software, A/V and telephony technologies, managing in-office servers, storage, data closets and third-party services
- Expanding our User IT support to our offices in London and Barcelona
- Identifying and planning for upcoming IT trends
- 4+ years in a customer facing technology service role or 2+ year degree in an IT related field
- 1-3 years of technical management, and must be self-driven with strong interpersonal skills.
It is expected that the candidate will have a wide range of experience in many of the following:
- OS X
- Jamf Enterprise Management
- G Suite
- Hosted Jira/Confluence and other Atlassian Services
- Asterisk Telephony
- Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) certification
- Basic experience in using and scripting/automation in a Unix/Linux environment
- IP Network management in an office environment with experience with Junos and Cumulus Linux based switches
- Standard office A/V equipment
- Basic Windows operations
- Writing end-user documentation and technology policies as well as internal process documentation
- Working with in-office and remote users
- Working in a startup/mature startup environment
To apply, attach your cover letter, resume and two samples of creative work below. Creative works may include documentation, policies, project planning, technical presentations, or anything which demonstrates both technical understanding and effective communications.
Birchbox is changing the way consumers discover and purchase grooming, beauty, and lifestyle products. We combine a monthly subscription service with original editorial content and a fully integrated e-commerce shop. Every month, members sample high-end products targeted to fit their personal profile and behavior, learn about them through our content, and purchase full-size versions of the products they like. Our platform provides our brand partners with an innovative and efficient way to access new customers.