We're a laid back group of people working hard on a tough problem. Bookkeeping is a universal point of pain for passionate entrepreneurs trying to pursue their dreams. They want to run their businesses, not do accounting, so we make that disappear.
Behind the scenes at Bench, we’re hard at work making finance magical. We combine the best software, tools, and some of the brightest minds in engineering to turn something really old (bookkeeping) into something new and appealing. We’re looking for talented Senior Platform Engineers to join our Platform Team. The Platform Team’s main focus is building resilient and powerful services & APIs. You’re a great fit for this role if you’re a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly, and drive towards focus and excellence within a talented and opinionated team. You'll be working closely with other engineers, product managers, and designers, so being friendly and generally awesome to work with is a must.
You will be more than a vending machine for deliverables. You will be a researcher. And a diplomat. It's a tall order, but you will grow immensely and probably do the best work of your life.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Automating and leading our distributed application and service architecture
- Identifying and closing gaps in our service monitoring
- Taking part in our 24/7 on-call rotation
- Automating any repeatable task. Then, testing that automation using more automation
You’re an outstanding fit if you:
- Understand the fundamentals of network communications, from routing to security
- Show strength with Linux or Unix distributions and their administration
- Have experience working with continuous delivery systems, such as Jenkins.
- Have worked with container technology such as Docker, Kubernetes or AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Have deployed system-wide monitoring using systems like statsd, Nagios, New Relic, DataDog, Splunk, etc.
- Are familiar with AWS CLI/API or similar services
- Have experience with configuration management, such as Terraform or Ansible
- Have good Git skills
- Experience with monitoring and logging systems
- Ability to do root cause analysis of faults in production environments, including resolving networking and Linux OS level issues
- Have developed software using Python, Golang, Scala, Ruby or Node.js
- Passionate about reducing repetitive tasks using automation and configuration management
- This is a full-time position, because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self
- Our Downtown office is close to lots of phenomenal restaurants and easily accessible via transit
- This position offers an annual salary based on experience
- We provide monthly transit passes as well as subsidies for health and fitness
- We offer an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, massage, chiropractor, naturopath, and much more!