We pride ourselves on building a stable operational environment in which many tasks are automated through tools such as Kubernetes, Autoscaling, and Terraform. More complex problems can be solved, tested, and deployed with little delay. As early adopters of Kubernetes and Docker, we’ve learned a great deal about running container based microservices in a production environment for over 2 years. We’re enthusiastic supporters of Open Source technologies such as Kops and contribute to them regularly. We encourage our engineers to try new technologies that may allow our teams to move faster, with less overhead.
What you will be doing:
Barkly's DevOps Engineers develop, manage, and scale the technologies that deliver the strongest and smartest endpoint protection with the simplest management. Our software blocks attacks across all vectors and intents, including exploits, scripts, executables, and ransomware. Our SaaS portal delivers a simple way for overworked IT Administrators to monitor and report on hundreds of endpoints in their organization, and ultimately access trending information across the industry.
A little about the gig:
- Design, develop, test and maintain our underlying Kubernetes infrastructure, networking, application communication layer and deployment workflows
- Manage and operate multiple, continuously deployed, auto-scaling Kubernetes clusters running on AWS EC2 using Terraform and Kops.
- Attend to and improve on comprehensive monitoring, alerting logging and service discovery
- Collaborate with other members of the Platform team to realize robust, reliable, scalable, and highly available products and services
What you bring to the table:
- Comprehensive experience in cloud-based architecture, networking, and design.
- Experience working with, building and managing container-based infrastructure
- Worked with one or more infrastructure as code technologies such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Cloud Formation, CF Engine, Fabric
- Experience facilitating DevOps methodologies and CI/CD
- Significant experience with L2/L3 networking and overlay networks
- Experience with Containerization technologies such as Docker, OCI, Rkt
- Experience with a cloud provider such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- 3 or more years in Linux systems administration
- Interest in using and expanding open source tooling like Kops
- 3-5 years experience on a DevOps team
- Experience operating Kubernetes
- Experience building automation using languages like Golang, Python, Shell scripting
- Experience working with Java based applications, PostgreSQL/RDS, and etcd