Ayasdi uses a pioneering approach to automatically discover insights from complex data. Founded in 2008 after a decade of research at Stanford, DARPA, and NSF, Ayasdi uses Topological Data Analysis (TDA) to unify cutting-edge machine learning approaches into a common framework without the need to write algorithms, queries or models. We’re building a platform to solve some of the world’s most complex data problems, are well funded by top-tier VCs and have a passionate team with a great culture.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for the design, setup, management and maintenance of Ayasdi’s mission-critical hybrid cloud infrastructure and on-premise installations. This position is the go-to-individual for resolving complex customer issues that involve creative problem solving and being resourceful. The individual in this position will be instrumental in developing SaaS standard operating procedures and processes, including change control, disaster recovery, incident management, structuring a blueprint for replicating and administering new data centers.
- Work collaboratively with engineering and product in new system design, process improvement, and resolving complex technical problems
- Perform operational support tasks as required to maintain infrastructure uptime
- Improve and automate system administration, maintenance, monitoring and software deployment tasks
- Troubleshooting and resolution of Data Center infrastructure problems
- Perform fault studies and reliability analysis for mission critical systems
- Plan, coordinate and manage installation and preventive maintenance activities
- Recognize and identify work that needs to be performed with a sense of urgency and ownership for improving the overall environment.
- Update and maintain Data Center processes, change management, daily operations, outage and emergency processes.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (e.g., Python, Groovy, Ruby)
- Experience with Unix-based operating systems and shell scripting
- Experience with deployment, automation and configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g., Nagios, Cacti, Ganglia) and firewall setup
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g., VMWare, Xen, KVM), cloud computing (e.g., AWS CloudFormation), and large-scale distributed computing infrastructure (e.g., Hadoop, Spark)
- Technical background in solutions based on big data processing
- Passion for building great products and willing to take on hard technical challenges
- Results-driven, self-motivated, self-starter
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
To all recruitment agencies: Ayasdi does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to the Ayasdi (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Ayasdi employees. Ayasdi will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.