Axiom Zen is an award-winning venture studio that specializes in mainstream applications of emerging technologies. Products developed by Axiom Zen have touched 200+ million consumers and are used by the world’s leading organizations. Recent successes include CryptoKitties, the first mainstream application of blockchain technology outside cryptocurrency.
CryptoKitties is the world's most successful blockchain game, accounting for up to 25% of the traffic on the Ethereum network. With a focus on consumer-friendly design, appealing aesthetics, and practical innovation in emerging technology, CryptoKitties has delighted over a quarter-million users. The cultural phenomenon has been featured by The Wall Street Journal, the BBC, The New York Times, Fast Company, and VICE.
Get CryptoKitties’ databases purring like a kitten through query performance optimizations.
You’ll accomplish this by reducing the number and severity of failure incidents and managing secure database migrations. Together, we will tackle the challenge of maintaining a high-throughput PostgreSQL database up-to-date with the Ethereum blockchain, a medium where data integrity is not always reliable. Should we purrvail, we will unite thousands of new CryptoKitties with their happily-ever-afters (new owners).
Both full-time and contract options are available.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Set up and manage high-throughput Postgres clusters which serve thousands of users all around the globe
- Fine-tune performance settings and tooling to optimize server resources
- Review and set up effective monitoring policies for the database server as well as its queries
- Implement schemas, procedures, and indexes fulfilling project needs
- Advise on queries and transactions, monitoring performance in day-to-day operations
Does this describe you?
- Experience with Amazon RDS and Multi-AZ deployments
- Experience scaling applications in general
- Experience with proprietary solutions such as DinamoDB or BigQuery
- Expertise in other types of data storage: columnar, key-value or graph databases
- Familiarity with Python
- In-depth SQL knowledge, including query optimization and performance monitoring
- Previously optimized Postgres’ configuration and parameters
- Previously set up Postgres clusters
How to apply:
- Please include your resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- Please highlight past relevant experience.
More about Axiom Zen:
Axiom Zen is also the team behind ZenHub, the world’s leading collaboration solution for technical teams; and the creator of Toby, tab management with personality recognized as Top Chrome Extension of the year by both Google and Product Hunt. Axiom Zen’s work has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, TIME, and Fast Company.