Axiom Zen is an award-winning venture studio that specializes in mainstream applications of emerging technologies. Products developed by Axiom Zen have touched 200+ million consumers and are used by the world’s leading organizations. Recent successes include CryptoKitties, the first mainstream application of blockchain technology outside cryptocurrency.
Provide mission-critical engineering for data collection, manipulation, analysis, and integration of analytics for a variety of products in the Axiom Zen portfolio. This includes projects in the blockchain, B2B SaaS, and machine learning spaces.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Set up infrastructure and tooling for manipulating, visualizing, and analyzing large analytics datasets.
- Set up infrastructure for online and stream processing of data e.g. Spark or other data flow engines.
- Provide expertise in analytics collection.
- Set up and use scraping, data mining, and data collection tools to collect data for analysis.
- Prepare data via pre-processing and data fusion in preparation for analysis.
- Integrate analytics into mature product prototypes, including software development, version control systems, and continuous integration.
- Query databases, both relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and non-relational databases (e.g. Mongo) to extract data.
- Set up Big Data frameworks, such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Storm, BigQuery, etc.
- Commit to agile software development methodologies including TDD, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
Does this describe you?
- You have a strong coding ability (Python, Go).
- You have a strong grasp of CS fundamentals, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns.
Bonus points for the following:
- You have experience working with big data sets.
- You have experience with numerical python, including Numpy, Pandas, Scipy (Matplotlib would be a strong bonus).
- You have a background in and theoretical understanding of confidence estimation, experiment design techniques such as split-testing and statistical hypothesis tests, t-tests, chi-squared tests, etc.
How to apply:
- Please include your resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- Please highlight past relevant experience.
- Please answer the following question in 200 words or less.
Write a quick description of one of your most exciting recent projects, considering the audience is a fellow engineer.
More about Axiom Zen:
Axiom Zen is also the team behind ZenHub, the world’s leading collaboration solution for technical teams; and the creator of Toby, tab management with personality recognized as Top Chrome Extension of the year by both Google and Product Hunt. Axiom Zen’s work has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, TIME, and Fast Company.