Director of Engineering
With our industry leading sales performance platform fueled by data science and predictive insights, Aviso is helping enterprises accelerate their sales, optimize their sales performance and exceed their revenue goals. With a proven track record of building high growth and highly successful technology companies, our team is completely focused on solving complex sales challenges and ensuring customer success.
We’re looking for an engineering leader with a passion for technology to help drive informed business decisions. You will enjoy working with top-notch people, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real value for our customers. The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field and will have some experience in data-driven decision making. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive understanding, growth, and success. This position to join our Engineering team is located in our Redwood City, CA office.
This is the job for you, if…
- Solving technical problems yourself while enabling your team to succeed are equally exciting
- Bringing simple, functional and visually appealing user experiences to life is a passion
- Have the curiosity and the technical acumen to cut through the noise of hundreds of front-end frameworks to make the pragmatic business-based decisions
- You have the ability to connect the dots across seemingly disconnected domains to create actionable insights.
This is what you’ll do...
- Take full ownership of building, and operating all customer facing user experiences, whether it be web, mobile, API etc.
- Work with other peer engineering leaders and develop the personal and professional relationships needed to succeed as a group.
- Prototype innovative product features that leverage our machine learning and data science to solve new business problems and deliver value to enterprise sales teams.
What we’re really looking for...
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a field that provides a strong quantitative background : Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics. Advanced degrees preferred.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience, plus 2+ years of leading small teams
- Understanding of software engineering principles, design patterns, object oriented programming(OOP), frameworks and technologies
- A great communicator — must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis clearly to varied audiences and be able to translate business objectives into great products
- Experience with working with BI platforms like PowerBI a definite plus
Posted by Aviso