Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer
Anki seeks a world-class Cloud DevOps Engineer to help design, build and run our next-gen platform and application infrastructure in AWS. No legacy data centers and no crusty old on-prem services to support or migrate - this is a “green field” opportunity to assemble and operate a set of services requiring extremely high availability, reliability and performance.
We bring objects to life through Robotics and Artificial Intelligence, allowing people to build relationships with technology that feel a little more human.
At Anki, we create robots that move you.
With multiple hit entertainment products, including Anki Overdrive and Cozmo, we are now making a big push to scale our robotics platform into broader consumer markets. To date, we have closed over $200M in investments from top-tier investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and JP Morgan Chase and are once again growing our talented DevOps team.
We’re building exciting robots with personality - that’s why we need you. You’ll get to work for a company where fun is hard-wired into our products and our culture. And you’ll help one of the most forward-thinking robotics companies out there break new ground, every day.
Find us on Facebook and YouTube to find out more about Anki.
About The Role:
You will be a key member of a small and growing DevOps team driving the success of Anki’s Cloud strategy within the Cloud engineering organization. You embody Dev *and* Ops, have a deep understanding of and empathy for software engineers and a passion for solving any operational problem with code. You share the opinion that logging into a compute instance strongly correlates with insufficient automation. You understand and believe the premise that one must break things to make them more reliable.
As a DevOps Engineer with Anki, you will:
- Eat, sleep and breath cloud automation.
- Develop and deploy cloud infrastructure automation in an Agile fashion within the context of an evolving SDLC.
- Deliver a highly available site architecture and DevOps process structure in support of our services.
- Leverage your understanding of the theory and practice of service monitoring to develop, deliver and deploy extraordinarily effective monitoring as code as well as appropriate dashboards and visualizations of service performance.
- Determine and drive operational improvements as application design requirements back to your software engineering teammates.
- Be a technical leader: mentor junior team members as well as application engineering team members in the ways of modern cloud DevOps.
- Participate in 24/7 oncall rotations along with application-owning teams as needed.
- Support our Cloud engineering teams as they develop and deploy services to delight Anki’s customers.
Your qualifications include:
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in the area of software and systems engineering with significant experience working and troubleshooting in a production Linux-based customer-facing environment (Ubuntu preferred.)
- Significant hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and key services, especially EC2, S3, SQS, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, Cloudformation, Cloudwatch, etc.
- Strong expertise programming in a modern scripting language (Python and/or Ruby preferred.) Go a plus.
- Familiarity with configuration management and deployment orchestration (Ansible preferred, Chef/Puppet, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with containerization and container management (Docker and Kubernetes, for example.)
- Experience with Splunk reporting desirable.
- Monitoring tools setup and configuration (New Relic, AppDynamics, Sysdig, Wavefront, etc.)
- Experience with and understanding of the principles and patterns of CI/CD and relevant tools (TeamCity, Jenkins, Nexus, Dockerhub, Github, etc.)
- Familiarity with process around Agile software development (sprint planning, Kanban, etc.)
- Competitive salaries, stock options and great benefits (health, subsidized public transportation costs, generous vacation)
- Great San Francisco office with lots of light and great views, convenient to every mode of mass transit – on wheels, on rails and on water
- Agile startup environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Free catered lunches, snacks and drinks
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!
- Top tier investors such as Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, JPMorgan Investment, and Two Sigma Ventures.
- Experts in the industry: Co-Founded by 3 Carnegie Mellon PhDs in robotics and machine learning. Huge leap over competitors in terms of product development and domain knowledge.
- Huge market potential: Conglomerate of applications in the Robotics and Artificial Intelligence space.
- Record revenue growth over the last three years.
- Headquartered in San Francisco with over 200 employees and plans to scale.
Posted by employer