At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
As an AKQA Lead QA, you will ensure that projects are delivered to the highest quality from multiple teams. Your main responsibility is to work with technical architects, Client Services and other members of the QA team to develop test plans, improve overall QA processes, and coordinate project outputs. You will also leverage a variety of technologies and be a champion of best practice QA thinking within the team.
- Work with the Solution team to understand product architectures and upcoming projects in order to develop a test strategy.
- Constantly evaluate and improve overall QA team processes to effectively deliver quality products.
- Coordinate the QA and Development teams.
- Become a subject matter expert on the overall architecture of the system.
- Build effective relationships with clients and address any issues as part of QA process improvements.
- Engage with QA resource planning to ensure proper resources are in place to deliver projects.
- Own entire system quality by ensuring bugs are resolved on time and test cases executed and passed before the end of each sprint from every team.
- Become familiar with new technology, operating systems and testing tools, etc. to maintain awareness of technological advances.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Able to understand complex business requirements in rder to devise effective test cases.
- Able to understand the overall architecture and technology of a system under test.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills: able to pinpoint the root cause of a defect and to explain this clearly when reporting defects for developers to address.
- Able to write test cases with clear steps and 100% coverage.
- Able to execute test cases and update them according to results.
- Able to write defects with clear steps to reproduce.
- Have one or more of the following abilities: write automated test scenarios using Selenium WebDriver or Specflow, strong programming skills in either C# or JAVA, able to write and execute JMeter script for performance testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Experience of team management and leadership.