Who is Accela:
Accela is an industry-leading cloud/web/mobile based software company that was recently honored with the ‘Great Place to Work’ certification and is one of the leading GovTech 100 companies.
For more than 15 years, Accela has been the industry leader in designing and delivering productivity and engagement software solutions to help government agencies to be their best. Accela provides a cloud-based SaaS platform suite of products that help local/State/Federal government and Civic agencies serve local communities more efficiently and effectively.
Accela’s software drives efficiency for over 2,200 governments and is accessible to more than 160 million citizens worldwide. More than 80% of America’s 50 largest cities such as New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and Denver have implemented at least one of Accela’s many solutions.
Accela offers employees a culture that emphasizes performance, productivity and collaboration. You can’t help but feel empowered, engaged and motivated when you work with like-minded individuals who are driven and passionate about contributing to a market-leading, high-growth software organization with proven technology.
While we are busy changing the world, we also strongly believe in having fun and excitement at work, and encourage a collaborative and healthy work-life balance.
If you are motivated by the idea of delivering on the promise of democracy in the digital age and solving for a new era of more efficient, open and innovative governance, then we’d love to hear from you.
Where you fit:
Accela provides cutting edge technology for government agencies to engage and serve their citizens. The cornerstone of our technology is the Civic Cloud platform that allows an entire ecosystem development and business partners to create endless number of solutions to serve the government and the public. We are currently seeking a Principle Data Architect to focus on designing and operationalizing highly available & scalable databases, in a modern SaaS environment. This would include base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and training other DBA staff members.
Impact you will make in the role:
- A strong understanding of SQL Server (2008-2016)
- Performance tuning & troubleshooting SQL Server systems
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Monitor multiple SQL Server instances for performance related issues
- Solve problems for enterprise level applications
- Work with other team DBA members, share domain and technical expertise, providing cross-training to other team members.
- Perform data load/unload, export and import operations
- Back up database and log files and validate
- Implement backup and recovery strategy
- Implement DB backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands etc.
- Implement and support SQL Server High Availability Groups
- Patch OS and DB as needed with critical updates
- Review SQL Server Error logs and Windows Logs to identify issues
- Be proactive rather than reactive to DB needs
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems
Expertise you will bring in:
- 7+ years ongoing experience with SQL Server Database Enterprise Edition
- Experience supporting one or more production database engines. Oracle, MYSQL, Postgress, etc
- Knowledge of database backup and recovery solutions
- Experience with SQL Performance Tuning and SQL Script Development
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Proficient knowledge of internal tools SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, etc
- Ability to quickly comprehend ERDs
- Ability to effectively communicate with and professionally work with clients in a fast-paced, customer focused environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience supporting production BigData solutions. Vertica, GreenPlum, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience working closely and training development teams on modern data architecture & query best practices.
- Experience supporting and building Crystal Reports and SSRS
- Experience with MongoDB
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, great people and inspiring, innovative work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Competitive salaries
- 401(k) with company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family, along with other wellness and disability plans
- 11 paid holidays and a competitive and flexible paid time off policy
- Catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, walking trails and nearby access to restaurants, food trucks and farmer’s markets in some of our locations
Accela is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.